Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Request expressions - 66

             Request Expressions                                               

                                                      Out of the Books Stuff             
                                    Experience English-in-Action 
                  The Blog is Updated on 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th of every month
                                                                                                                                                           
 CONTACT US        

To View Basic Grammar Click Grammarmail.com

The Following sentences may be used as request sentences, or annoying sentences or sarcastic remarks.

Please try to be here at  eight O’ clock.
Please try to come by eight.
Please try to be punctual in future. (After be no action verb like go,come, write etc. is used)
Could you tidy up my cabin?
Can you turn off the TV please?
Could you turn down the audio system? It’s a bit louder.
The phone is ringing, could you answer for me?
Could you dust the carpet? It looks dirty
Can you ask Shane to call me? or to give me a ring?
Could you please move a little bit?

 NOTE:  Use Falling tone while speaking out the above sentences. (Rising tone will make them an order  or   annoying). Body language and facial expression must be in accordance with the words used in the request expressions.

 

The Following expressions are used purely as a request.

Will you please be here for some more time? Will you? ( As I have some more work)
Will you please help me lift this box. Will you?
Can I have some Cookies mom? Certainly
Are you going past the Bank? Please deposit this check for me. Will you?
(The helping verb are is used with We, you and they . The helping verb is is used with he,she and it.)
Excuse me, have you got a lighter? I am Sorry. I haven’t 
(The helping verb have is used with We, you and they . The helping verb has is used with he,she and it.)
Shall  I bring you a cup of coffee? Oh Sure
Could you lend me your pen  please? Oh yes , here it is.
Could you get  some sugar cubes for me. Certainly
Please pass on this salt to the next table.
Can you fill the form for me, please. Oh, sure
Can I ask the Manager to do me a favor? Why not? He is a nice gentleman.
Please turn up the volume, will you? I can’t hear.
Are you going to the Mall (Shopping)? Could you get me some dry fruit boxes please?
(The helping verb are is used with We, you and they . The helping verb is is used with he,she and it.)
Could you lend me  some money? ( I have to buy some medicine now)
Would you mind waiting for me some more time? Would you?
Would you please ask Clara to meet me this evening? Would you?
I would like to see some more T-shirts of top brands. Why not? Just a minute.
I have a got some problem with my bike, Could you spare some minutes with me?
(The helping verb have is used with We, you and they . The helping verb has is used with he,she and it.)
Could you handle Jim’s desk  for some time? He is in CEO’s Cabin.
             

 End of the post  



No comments:

Post a Comment