Monday, May 6, 2013

How to greet-63


           Greeting - How to greet?

                                 Out of the Books Stuff              


Situation: Jack and James meet at some hang out. Let’s see how they Greet each other.

Please remember good smile is an integral part of greeting - Get the best deal


INFORMAL MEETING
 Type - A
A. Hi. Jack how are you?
B. Fine James and you?/Fine, how about you?
A. Fine/Just Fine.

Type B
A. Hello. Jack how do you do?
B. How do you do James?
A. How are the things?/How is the world with you?
B. Fine

Type C
A. Hello. Man! Where are you? (With a pat or handshake or a mild hug)
B. Hi James How strange to see you in New York? Everything is O.K?
A. Fine Buddy/dude

Type D (Meeting after short break.)
A.  Hello./Hi How is every thing?
B.  Fine, thanks, what about you/how about you?
A.  And your family?
B. Doing well.


Type E ( Meeting after a short break.)
A. Hal–lo Jay (James)
B. Oh. Jack. What a surprise, man?
A. Surprised to see me? (=Are you surprised to see me?)
B. Sure. I thought You were in Berlin.
C. I was, I got back yesterday. (= I returned yesterday.) – ( but between was and I is more formal.)
A. It’s good to see you again.
B. I too have the same feelings. (Me too have the same feeling – Not acceptable by some people.)


FORMAL MEETING
 Greeting the fellow workers
A.  Hello Good Morning. (With a smile)
B.  Good morning How are you? (With a smile)
A. Fine thanks.

Boss greeting the workers.

Boss. Hello Good morning to everybody.
Workers. Good Morning sir,
Boss. I hope everything  is fine and smooth.
Workers. Nodding their heads with a mild smile.
Boss. O.K. Carry one. Bye, see you later.


Stranger meeting a Citizen.

A.  Hello. I am David from Brazil.
B.  Tell me what can I do for you?
A. Could you please tell me where the City Bank is?
B. Just  two Blocks away from this spot, just opposite to Robert’s
A. Tank you very much/ Thanks a lot / That’s very kind of you.
B. It’s my pleasure/It’s OK. (With a smile)
A. Bye.
B. Bye.

Lovers greeting each other.

Jim. Hi. Honey how are you?
Shane. Hi. Jim fine, thanks.
Jim. Where have you been these days? No calls, No, SMSs.
Shane. You  know pretty well,  that I was busy with my  exams.
Jim. Oh, I am sorry – you know I was soulless these days, without you.
Shane. Are you? You naughty boy? O.K. Jim,  my train is about to leave, see you soon, bye.
Jim. Bye Shane. (With flying kisses from both the directions.)


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected   

No comments:

Post a Comment