Sunday, September 29, 2013

Requesting suggestions - 82

                                     Out of the Books Stuff       

                               Experience English-in-Action
                 (updated on 7th,14th,21st & 28th of every month)                                                                                                                                                                                      
Click Grammarmail.com  For Grammar basics. Browse down for Communicative English Lessons (Old Posts) 
MODEL SENTENCES 
Could/can you suggest a good hotel nearby?
Oh yes there is one down this street. (Positive reply)
Sorry I am now aware (Negative reply)
Sorry, the shop keeper over there might help you......

Can/could you recommend a competent plumber for this work?
Yes I know a Man by name Bill, but he is not available today
Sorry I don’t know.
Mr. David will guide you in this matter.

Is that man a good painter?
I am afraid he isn’t, he is just a worker.
Ye he is, his touch gives new glow to the walls.
Please ask Clara she know him better.

Will this new model (Car)  last longer? You have any idea? (= Have you any idea)
This model is new to me too.
Sorry I am not aware of this new model. Perhaps the mechanic over there  might give you some Idea about this car.

Do you know any engineer, who can repair this building?
Sorry, I don’t
Sorry, I don’t but I can give you an address where  you can find good house builders.
Do you know some who can guide my son  choose a good course in medicine
O, Yes  My friend David is an Expert guide in this field.

How about this jeans? It is durable?
I think that one will be O.K
I don't think so, you look at the one over there, that's seems nice.       
END OF THE POST
                                                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment