Sunday, October 28, 2012

Additions- 38

                   Additions in talks

Question tags, short responses,  additions  etc. put  life into conversation,  without these things the conversation would become mechanical, boring and monotonous. Let’s discuss additions in talks in this session.  Look at the following conversation.
  
                                                      SECTION – A (Affirmative)

With the auxiliary verb  can
Jim: I can speak  Spanish.
Joe:  So can  I.

With the action verb submit
Shane:  She  submitted the document last week.
Clara:    So did I.


NOTE: The response in the conversation depends on the type of verb (Auxiliary verbs like  ’can’  or other action verbs like  ‘submit’ etc.)

Verb (Present )
He works in a bank.                 So Do I/so does she/so do they etc.
They Write fast.                       So does she/so do I/so do they etc.


Verb (Present Continuous/progressive)
She is going to the bank now.             So am I/so are we/so is she.
They are watching the situation.       So are we/so is he/so  am I etc.

Verb (Present Perfect)
We have enjoyed the movie .               So has she/so have they etc.
She has visited Paris.                            So has he/ so have we etc.

Verb (Past)
He worked in a bank.                               So did I/so did she/ so did they etc.


Verb (Past continuous/Progressive)
She was watching the match                 So was I/so were we etc.
They were dining…..                                 So were we/ So was she etc.

With the auxiliary will
She will come tomorrow.                       So will I./so will we etc.

With the auxiliary  should
They should accept the proposal.        So should we/so should I etc.

With  going to
 They are going to start soon.               So am I /so are we etc.

With could
They could do this.                                 So could you/so could we etc.


                                           SECTION – B (Negative)

With the auxiliary verb can
Jim:  I can’t speak German.
Joe:  Neither can I.

With the action verb submit        
Shane:  She didn’t  pay the fees.
Clara:   Neither did I .


                                                   ALTERNATE  MODEL      

                                         SECTIION – A (Affirmative)

With the auxiliary  verb can
 Jim: I can speak  Spanish.
Joe:  I can  too.

With the action verb  submit
Shane:  She  submitted the document last week.
Clara:    I did too.


                                               SECTION – B (Negative)

With the auxiliary can    
Jim:  I can’t speak German.
Joe:  I cant  either.

With the action verb submit
Shane:  She didn’t  pay the fees.
Clara:   I didn’t either .                                         

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment