Tuesday, August 7, 2012

would usage-27

          

                          

                                                      Would 





Would is the  past equivalent of will  
   

Would + be - Predicting future action 
Jane  would be present in the office at 10 tomorrow.
Julia  would be 32 next month.
I wouldn’t be here tonight.
They would be tired after a long journey.
My aunt would be glad to see me tomorrow.


Would + action verb (Present form)
She wouldn’t listen to any one (habit)
She would read novels for hours  (habit)
He said he would pay the advance tax  this evening.


Would you like/lend/mind ?
Would you  like  some fruit juice.
Would you like mutton chops?
What would you like?  Cheese or  Yoghurt ? Cheese please
Would you lend me your laptop?
Would  you mind taking care of this child for a moment? 


I/we Would like to + action verb (Present form)
I would like to see Clara. Would you mind waiting for a few minutes? Of course, of course
Would you like to have coffee with her this evening? Yes, I would love to. (‘yes/no’ question )
Would you like to enjoy the breeze for some more time? I would love to.
What would you like to have for dinner? Pizza will do (‘wh’ question)
When would you like to visit here again? May be/perhaps  next week
I would like to speak to Jim for a moment please.
Would you mind taking care of this child  for a moment?
We would like to watch a film on TV to night.


Would with wish (Strong desire)

I wish she wouldn’t loose the match.
We wish the probe would land on Mars soon.
I wish we wouldn’t work on holidays.
I wish the child would be quiet

                                    


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
                
                                   
                

No comments:

Post a Comment